The Institute for Creative Teaching is an in-depth week-long summer institute, in collaboration with the University of Denver’s Morgridge School of Education, offering the theory and practice of arts integration.
*Denver Public Schools Scholarships Thanks to our partnership with Denver Arts & Venues, we are pleased to offer 10 special scholarships to Denver Public Schools teachers. These scholarships come with a FREE artist residency in your school during the fall of 2018. Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis after teachers fill out a simple scholarship application no later than May 7th, 2018. Teachers of all grade levels and content areas are eligible.
What is the Institute for Creative Teaching?
It is a nationally recognized professional development institute, offered in June, for educators, artists, and administrators to:
- Reignite passion for teaching and find renewed joy in the classroom.
- Discover ways to equip students with 21st century skills such as innovation, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Institute for Creative Teaching for Classroom and Arts Teachers: Arts Integrated Approaches to Education
- Participate in hands-on workshops with 5 master teaching artists to discover how to integrate arts-based practices into everyday teaching.
- Collaborate with arts integration specialists to connect and apply artistic experiences to the standards-based curriculum.
- Participants receive contact hours toward CDE license renewal.
Testimonials from past Institute participants:
“This was one of the best trainings I have been to, and one of the most applicable to who I want to be as a teacher.”
“The personal growth is as important as the ideas for the classroom.”
“The most memorable thing was collaboration with other participants and instructors and the quality of the artists and their approachability and flexibility.”
“Every teacher should take this training. It will enable you to reach children in a completely different way.”