Join Marla Baggetta in the stunning Renaissance city of Florence, Italy for painting in both the studio and plein air.
Save $400 if you register before March 1st.
With an abundance of subject matter to choose from- the Arno River, Bardini Gardens or even a close-up of a flower filled window sill, there is something to enchant and inspire every artist! This workshop will be painting-centric but we’ll have plenty of time to relax and restore, with morning yoga and evenings to gather and discuss the day’s work over a glass of Italian wine.
Each day will include a demonstration where I’ll take you through the painting process step-by step, from choosing a scene to paint, simplifying and composing, thumbnail sketches, blocking in, adding color and orchestrating to a focal point and finally, details and finishing. We will cover all aspects of creating a successful painting including, composition, color theory, aerial perspective, brushwork or mark-making and much, much more! I’ll give plenty of one-on-one mentoring on site, so you won’t every be in that frustrated mode! Critiques will be relaxed and fun and will provide thoughtful, actionable advice on how to really improve your paintings.
I’m a firm believer in the fundamentals of painting and don’t hold back when it comes to passing on what I know at the same time giving you encouragement to find your unique voice as a painter!
This workshop is suitable for all levels but some experience with drawing and painting would be helpful.
Artist and Instructor Marla Baggetta: A prolific painter and teacher, Marla’s artwork and workshops are nationally sought after. Her work has been represented throughout the country for over 30 years. Contributing to many art publications such as Pastel Journal, she is a signature PSA member and an IAPS Master Circle Recipient.
- Pick up at the Florence Airport
- 7 night accommodation based on double occupancy (air-conditioned, WiFi)
- All breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 6 full-course meals (wine and gratuities included)
- City tour with professional guide
- Admission and tour of the Accademia to see the “real” David
- Admission and guided tour of the Uffizi
- All ground transportation related to scheduled events
- All instruction from Marla / includes demos and one-on-one mentorship / critiques
- Day trip to San Gimignano on private air-conditioned bus with tour guide
- Visit/Lunch at a Chianti winery
- Native speaker and experienced workshop host available at all times
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is due at registration with the final payment due by March 1, 2018 Space is limited and only a deposit secures your place
Airfare is not included.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due at registration with the final payment due by March 1, 2018. Only a deposit secures your space. Workshops are limited to 10 people.